Providers taking part in the pilot phase of this industry partnership will be able to choose, for individual offshore students, whether to support ‘streamlined’ visa processing.
When choosing streamlined visa processing, the industry partner takes responsibility for ensuring the student:
• has sufficient maintenance funds,
• has genuine intentions to study,
• is choosing an appropriate course,
• meets all course entry requirements, and
• will adhere to the conditions of their visa and leave the country when required to do so.
If a provider chooses to support an individual for streamlined processing it will provide that individual with a letter of nomination. This letter of nomination must be submitted to the relevant INZ Visa Application Centre along with a completed application form; all other required documentation; and the relevant fee.
As at December 2013 the following education providers are authorised to support streamlined processing and provide nomination letters to offshore student visa applicants;